Jennifer Akers, Certified School Nurse
Middle School / High SchoolEmail: email@example.com
Kristin Barnett, Certified School Nurse
Your school nurses are here to help you! In addition to caring for students who are ill or injured at school, school nurses also administer medication, provide individualized health teaching, assessment and referral for health problems and serve as a general resource to connect your child with other agencies or providers in our community. Your school nurse works closely with teachers, guidance counselors and principals to support your child in the educational setting.
The State Mandated Health Screening Program:
- Height, weight and vision measured every year
- Hearing screening at grades K, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 11
- Scoliosis screening in Grades 6 and 7
- Dental exams in grades K, 3, and 7
- Physical exams in grades K, 6, and 11
- BMI (Body Mass Index) measurements starting with Kindergarten through Grade 12.
Parents are notified of any problems noted in the screening programs. Referrals are made to have further evaluation done by the appropriate professional.